Monday, November 30, 2015

The Blessing- Week 18


I'm sorry I didn't get an email out last week but this week had enough excitement to make up for last week too I think!! 

Thanksgiving Day
-Turkey Bowl there were about 70 guys that showed up to play so we split into 6 teams and had 3 games going on at all times. SO FUN!!! 
-Pie shindig (we also had a pie shindig the night before as well)
-Lunch with Sandy, Michelle, and Justin 
-Lunch with the Grimes'
-Dinner with the Parry's
-Lesson with Mark (Investigator, his wife is a less-active member)
-Drove to Stillwater to stay the night so that we wouldn't have to wake up at 4:00 the next morning to make it for early morning sports with the zone and for the STM

Birthday
-Early Morning sports with the whole zone, we played flicker ball at the church house. So fun!!!
-STM (Specialized Training Meeting) for the new Christmas Innitiative and the video the Church just put out with it!! 
-Lunch: I had lunch at Wendy's for the first time since I left (so good and lots of great memories!)
-Lunch and the cake we baked that my amazing, thoughtful, loving Mother sent me with Elaine, Carl, and Diane (Investigators) We also had a party with them using all the party stuff my Mom sent as well, so fun!
-We made two cakes out of the stuff my mom sent and also had one of those cakes with the Olmo's (members in the ward) because two of them had birthday's on the 29th!! We had a party thing with them too!
-Dinner and cupcakes with the Petty's
-Dinner and cake with the Jeffery's
-Presents sent from home in the traditional fashion of "Heavy Heavy Hang Over…"

Weather
-Freezing rain (only slightly cold)
-Beautiful to see all the ice on the trees and everything!
-Branches, limbs, and entire trees all over the sidewalks, streets, yards, everything! haha 

Christmas Initiative!!!
-At least one miracle for every time we have shared the video. (It only came up yesterday!)
-"A Savior Is Born" https://www.mormon.org/christmas
~It was soo good! I love this video so much! I hope you will all take the time to watch it. The Spirit is so strong and you will feel an overwhelming sense of peace, joy, and excitement flood you as you watch it.

There was so much more too! We had lessons/made contact with people we have been trying to see for several weeks and saw so many miracles this week. I am so grateful for this gospel and the blessings we receive from it as we live it! Heavenly Father desires to bless us because He loves us so dearly. May we all express greater gratitude, love, thanksgiving, and the Spirit of Christ with this wonderful Christmas season ahead of us. 

Thank you so much for all those that wished me a happy birthday by email, on social media (my Mom sent me pictures), letters, and packages/gifts. 

I love you all, pray for your wellbeing and success and hope you each have a wonderfully blessed week. 

Keep the faith,
Elder Ricks

 Thanksgiving:


Birthday:




No comments:

Post a Comment