Tuesday, November 8, 2016

The Blessing- Week 67


We had a great week riding the streets of the village! It's the best being able to jump on bikes and feel the fire of wanting to share the gospel with everyone you see. It is an amazing the people God is blessing us to meet and talk with and an even greater feeling to see Him blessing them as we talk with them. It just reminds me every time that He is there watching over me and is with me. 

This week we the whole zone is set the keys down for the entire week and only biking and it has been so cool some of the miracles that we and other missionaries have heard and seen from it. We're working harder than ever and I know this area is going to be blessed for it. Poor Elder Thompson was sick this weekend so Elder Stevens and I hit the ward roster and former investigators hard trying to set up appointments and plan for different things just trying to be effective and that led us to having an appointment with Brother Coffman last night. He lives right next to Kevin Durant's old house! He's an amazing man and has a 14 year old son, Henry,  who is not baptized. We connected with him really well and he is excited for us to come back. He has a testimony of the Christ and the Church but just feels bad because he goes to church and sees these completed families and wishes he had the same. Henry was really talkative with us too.


Earthquake Notification: Earthquake fun in OKC! We were sitting down in Brother Coffman's home and I feel everything start shaking so I start looking around somewhat frantically at everyone but no one else seems to notice anything so I play it off like I'm trying to be cool or something. Then, I look at the glass cup next to me with water and they were shaking and everything but the apartment/home we were in was right next to the highway so I was thinking "Woah, that must've been a huge semi that just drove passed!!" or something like that. Right after our appointment we got a text from a recent convert, David, who told us there was an earthquake and I said to Elders Thompson and Stevens, "I knew it! I knew there was an earthquake!!!" And they just started dying of laughter after I told them the story.. Looking back at it now, it really wasn't that funny. So I'm not sure if I just was more into it last night or told the story better than or what but we were rolling on the floor over the whole ordeal about 16 hours ago.... 


There is also another member, Sister Raindancer, in our ward who just barely got her grandkids out of a really hard family/living situation that we have met several of times and one of them is turning nine next week. He wants to get baptized and were going to start teaching him the lessons this week.


We also had interviews with President this week and it is always such a fun experience to be with him and his wife and to feel the spirit and energy they have. I love this place and these people!!


Keep the faith,

Elder Ricks


In correlation to what we have been going through in our area, and throughout my entire mission I found this and I absolutely loved it and find it so true:
"Don’t worry about being successful. We are going to be successful—there is no doubt about it. The Lord has sent us to earth at the time of harvest. He does not expect us to fail. He has called no one to this work to fail. He expects us to succeed. ...We cannot fail in this work. He will magnify us even beyond our natural talents." - Pres. Benson

No comments:

Post a Comment