Monday, October 26, 2015

The Blessing- Week 13


The Posts are BLUE!!! Congrats Skyline, keep up the great work this season.

Wow. Another week, gone. Another month, gone. Another transfer, gone. I can't believe just how fast the time is going by!

I am doing really well! I am preparing for the change and I am really excited for this upcoming transfer. Elder Balch is going to go home and do wonderful things with those he is associated with at home and I am going to be able to carry on the work here in Edmond 3rd! 
I am still learning from Elder Balch and love and respect him for so many reasons. He has been a magnificent trainer, companion and most importantly, friend. 

Things are going really well in the area and we are making progress in so many aspects of the work. I believe the members can see the work and the fruits and gain greater trust in us constantly and desire to be apart of the work we are doing which is incredible. We have such a splendid ward!

All I can really say is that I am really excited about where things are at and where they are going and I have been trying to prepare the best I can for Elder Hilton to come so we can become great friends and accomplish the work God has prepared for us here as we work in unity and love.
I am so grateful for the mission and everything I am learning from it and the people that have been woven into my life. Great is the work and great is my joy! 

So many things happen each and every week! We taught a lot of lessons this week and I am seeing the desire to come closer to Christ by keeping his commandments in the hearts and minds of our investigators and some of the less or inactive members as well as active members. It is important that we all strive to do an be better!

It is definitely getting chilly quick! Elder Balch is having a go -away party tonight at one of the members homes and there are about 60 families that will be stopping by including many of our investigators so tonight is going to be so fun and work is going down!

Keep the faith,
Elder Ricks


PS:Ponderizing:
I love how in Jacob 4:6 it talks about scripture study and the blessings we will receive when we effectively study our scriptures. 
"Wherefore we search the prophets and have many revelations and the spirit of prophecy;" We are able to search (diligently and effectively study) the scriptures of the prophets both old and present! 
"and having all these witnesses we obtain a hope, and our faith becometh unshaken" If we take all of the witnesses we have from our current prophets seers and revelators and those of old then we will have hope which is an amazing feeling to have and brings peace and joy and excitement for the things to come. And we will also strengthen our faith as we study until our faith is so strong that it is unshakable!
"insomuch that we truly can command in the name of Jesus and the very trees obey us, or the mountains, or the waves of the sea." And with that unshakable faith we have the authority to call upon the power of God in the name of Jesus Christ to do any and all righteous things for the benefit and salvation of others. Christ worked by faith and we can do the same and all we have to do is be more efficient in our scripture study

No comments:

Post a Comment