Monday, October 19, 2015

The Blessing- Week IDK (12)







  PDay at the Zoo:






















How is Ponderizing going for you? 

Doctrine and Covenants 58:2-4 
2 For verily I say unto you, blessed is he that keepeth my commandments, whether in life or in death; and he that isfaithful in tribulation, the reward of the same is greater in the kingdom of heaven.
3 Ye cannot behold with your natural eyes, for the present time, the design of your God concerning those things which shall come hereafter, and the glory which shall follow after much tribulation.
4 For after much tribulation come the blessings. Wherefore the day cometh that ye shall be crowned with much glory; the hour is not yet, but is nigh at hand.
I was able to Ponderize this last week and the application was tremendous. I was able to use it and apply it to others lives in 4 or so of our lessons this week.

I love Edmond 3rd, I love Elder Balch, I love the Lord and everything is going well. As far as the numbers are concerned we are "slow" but we are seeing and uplifting so many people everyday, particularly as we are focusing on less-active and inactive members and going down the lists we were given at zone conference.

Transfers are coming up and I will miss Elder Balch greatly but he has taught me so much and I am feeling good and excited about the road ahead. I know I am inadequate but I know the Lord will take care of me through the transition. I am so excited for Elder Balch and the journey that he has up ahead and the missionary work that will take place among his family and friends in Portland. He is a very special and strong missionary and representative of Jesus Christ, regardless of his physical stature.

We had a great ward conference yesterday and I am learning and progressing daily. I know I have so far to go but I am amazed at what I have learned already this far in the mission. I am so grateful for the blessings and miracles I see everyday and week and I have a greater desire to do more for the Lord. "Because I have been given much I too must give" I am grateful for the opportunity I have to do this as a missionary.

Elder Ricks

No comments:

Post a Comment