Monday, October 12, 2015

The Blessing- Week 11


Hello everyone,
Once again, another week has come and gone and I am left to wonder where the time went.

We had a couple of really cool experiences this last week. We have been going to the seminary class for the freshmen and sophomores of our area in the mornings from 6:00-7:00am. This has been a huge blessing! We are already getting so much closer with the youth of our ward and they are seeing us as genuine friends that care about them.

One of the youth in the ward plays volleyball and they had their district championship game this last week so we went with the family to support her and at the game, several of the youth from seminary had friends that came up to us and were asking us questions and three or four of these youth who are really popular in the school and good looking and everything started answering questions that their friends began to ask them and they started talking about seminary and invited their friends to come with them. It was such an amazing missionary moment to watch! We are full time missionaries but the missionary work really does rely on the members to be successful.

Some other youth in the ward play football and we got to go to the Edmond North football game at the UCO football stadium just down the road from our apartment. There, we saw several families from the ward. One of the mother's was by herself with her little boy on her lap and we went and sat on the floor by her because the two seats on either side of her were being saved. The people sitting there saving the seats invited us to sit on the seats instead of the ground which was so kind of them and then we got to talk all night! Elder Balch sat on one side of Sister Merkley talking with a young woman and her family and answering questions while I sat on the other side of Sister Merkley and talked with a father and his son. We got to briefly answer some questions they had about what we do as missionaries and talked a little bit about what we believed and it was amazing! It was so much fun being there at the game and the Lord provided us with numerous blessings and miracles that night.

It was fun to try going to those games and it is just amazing what missionary work Heavenly provided for us! Blessings and miracles like that happen to us everyday nearly everywhere we go.

I am doing really well and always finding imperfections that need work on so I have a lot of self improvement to be a better missionary so that I can accomplish the work Heavenly Father has prepared for me to do which excites me.

I love Elder Balch and am so excited and grateful to be his companion. He helps me tremendously and is doing everything he can to prepare me for the rest of the mission. There are occasional moments when he gets "trunky"(missionary term that just means you are getting really excited/anxious to go home) but they are few and short lived and he gets right back to working hard. I am excited for his next step in life in going back with his family and being a light for them.

I love this work and I love this people. I am so blessed and so grateful to be a missionary in the Edmond 3rd Ward of the Oklahoma Oklahoma City Mission.  

Have an amazing week everyone! I want to hear about what you ponderized:) I ponderized D&C 104:82 last week! Ask me what I learned?:) haha Have a great week!

Keep the faith,
Elder Ricks  


No comments:

Post a Comment