Monday, August 3, 2015

First Hand written letter!!

August 3, 2015

Hello Family!
I sure miss you all but the work is pressing on and keeping me really busy and I love getting emails and letters from all of you; brings a smile to my face and joy to my soul.  I'm so glad to hear everything has been going well and that everyone is staying busy doing good things!
I've learned so much since being here and the MTC is great but I'm so ready to get out of here and serve!  The days are so long and often kinda blend together.  It feels like I've been here for weeks but it has flown by!  I think a lot of it has to do with how much you learn.  It's like drinking out of a fire hose.  It comes pouring out and you try to soak it all in but it has so much power and there is so much coming at you!
It's been really fun to see so many people I know! :) Elder Hinkley, Elder Wright, Elder Yeck, Elder Grimaud and a Sister who was in my first EFY group!  Then, I met the lady EFY counselor I had when I went to EFY at BYU, so that's been really fun!
The tender mercies of the Lord abound around us and it wasn't that I didn't get them before but since leaving I have really come to see the Lord's hand more in the little things and have come to appreciate them more and are able to spend more time on my knees for more important things than I often did before.  I was caught up in some repitition but I am getting better and I can see the blessings of prayer all the time, especially now!
So I love my companion Elder Brisk, but my absolute favorite is Elder Ludlow!  He is so funny and we just get along really well!  I don't have any problems with anyone and get along with them all but he and I have become way good friends!  He's the one I wrestled with and we just make fun inside jokes and memories and I like him!
So on our third day we received our first "Investigator" and have had four lessons with him!  It started out really rough but we are getting the hang of it and learning how to invite the Spirit and how to teach by it and how to commit him.  (His name is "Loren")  He is actually our class teacher but plays the role of Loren as an investigator and it really is very real!  We have grown to love Loren (Elder Brisk and I, it's a class thing) and want to help him!  We think we can commit him to baptism today and when we first started with him he didn't believe in God so we are really excited about that!

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!
We have the best family in the world!
Love,
Elder Ricks

Tell Grandma and Grandpa Pincock I love them a ton and have really loved getting their letters!  Tell them I'm sorry I haven't been able to write back yet but I definitely love and appreciate the support and hearing how life is going for them.  They are amazing grandparents and wonderful examples and give so much love.  They are so nice in the letters, I love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment