Monday, May 1, 2017

The Blessing- Week 92


I feel like I'm in the most remarkable dream. Time really just doesn't seem to exist right now and I believe it is because of the teaching of Alma; "...all is as one day with God, and time is measured only unto men." (Alma 40:8). For example, Analee will be 10 years old tomorrow, I remember her being 8 years old when I left and it feels like that was just a couple days ago. Carson is 16 and going to his first prom and when I left, dating wasn't even a thought yet for him. Tyson is nearly 18 and about to graduate, has a business and is preparing to go college and play some soccer there while he is at it.  Carson and Tyson are both taller and bigger than I am now and I'm sure I could still take them in a wrestling match though I don't really need to prove it...

I've had so many life altering, spiritual experiences, I've made so many friends, learned so much, and drawn nearer to my Heavenly Father and my Examplar, Jesus Christ, than what I had ever considered or imagined to be possible to this point in my life in what seems to simply be a pure dream, over the span of a singular night, for a young boy. I am beyond grateful for this miraculous and timeless dream I am in.

Miracle: Monte
We found Monte a couple weeks ago but weren't able to make our first scheduled appointment work out so after Elder Burrows and I spent a few hours going through every single non-member contact in the phone and we got back in contact with Monte and were able to work something out to see him that same day! We had a truly spiritual encounter together and when we asked when he would like for us to come together and talk again he asked if we could meet the next day. He has such a profound and touching story and such a desire to learn of and follow Christ. He seems so excited about the gospel and we are thrilled to continue inviting and helping him along this wonderful path.

Miracle: Maynor
We lost contact with Maynor for the last week and a half and haven't known what to do! He wouldn't ever respond to our texts or calls but of course, in miraculous fashion, came to church yesterday and informed us that his phone stopped working and he will be in Kansas this week for work but he has been thinking about everything we've been talking about and he is seeing God's hand in his life in so many ways the last couple weeks since we began meeting together and it was such a wonderful reunion to see him again and to talk with him and he took our number and promised to come to church next week and we have just grown to love him so much. He has the most pure and humble spirit and desires and wants nothing more than to be a good man and a godly man and he really believes, and we know, that the gospel and power of Jesus Christ will help him to do that because that is everything that Heavenly Father wants for him. 

Miracle: Church
Over the last six months, as I have been really self-evaluating and relfecting, I have asked a few questions and have been seeking revelation and inspiration to really grow and thrive personally and yesterday in Sacrament meeting, the topic of the speakers was "Firm in the Faith of Christ" and I truly received further light, knowledge and enlightenment-receiving answers to my questions and received such a powerful, spiritual witness and confirmation that this really is the answers I've been seeking for. I know that God hears and answers prayers. I know He is my Father and that He loves me and I know that it is line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little that he teaches and answers me.

I just love this work and I love the gospel. I wish I now knew the words to express my gratitude and my thanks. I stand all amazed.

Keep the faith,
Elder Ricks

No comments:

Post a Comment