Wednesday, May 17, 2017

The Blessing- Week 94


It was so sad, after finals were over there was a mass exodus of people packing up and heading out of school and Edmond back to wherever they call home for the summer so a lot of the people we have been meeting with and teaching we won't be able to visit again until they get back this fall. You could imagine it has been a fun week figuring out everyone that is staying that we can keep talking with over the summer and it's been truly amazing to feel the sustaining hand of the Lord as so many people have left, how He has provided us with so many opportunities and still so many people who have a desire to learn and to act on the path of faith and repentance leading to eternal life. 

One of those such people was Hannah who came to church with Landon again yesterday! Sacrament meeting was great and I always cherish that special time in the remembrance of Christ, sacred things, and spiritual renewal. In gospel principles class we talked about faith in Jesus Christ, and you could see and feel how much she was treasuring the words, testimonies, and power of the spirit that was there. Right after that we stayed in there with her and Landon and she began asking questions which developed into an experience where the Spirit was so present and tangible in talking about conversion and how families can be sealed for eternity that tears filled our eyes and warmth and light seemed to fill the room. She has such a firm testimony and confessed that the last 8 days of coming to church with us and talking with Landon and then us she has felt a great increase in her faith in Jesus Christ and joyfully asked for a Book of Mormon and with anticipation accepted the invitation to read 3 Nephi 11-28. 

I cannot deny the power of the Holy Ghost. I know that Jesus Christ lives and stands on the right hand of Power, our Eternal Heavenly Father seeking for ways to demonstrate His grace, mercy, love and to impart His wisdom and goodness upon each of us for our benefit, happiness, and success. I love them and I know that Christ's Church is on the earth, that the Book of Mormon and the Bible are in all matter of fact, the very word of God. I know it and I love it and I give thanks for it. What a special opportunity it was to visit with my family last night who I have been sealed to. I'm grateful for my angel mother and for each member of my family, they help me to feel a portion of God's true and pure love and the joy He must experience when we are seeking just do to good things. That's really what it is all about, family and love.

Keep the faith,
Elder Ricks
 


 While we were texting all our potential investigators this was one of the texts we received from one of them!  It was pretty funny!


No comments:

Post a Comment