Monday, June 19, 2017

The Blessing- Week 99


My heart is full and my words insufficient to express my love and gratitude to God for the many tender mercies and miracles I've been so blessed to see and be apart of.

Miracles:

Elder Burrows- After three incredible months, having so much fun and seeing so many miraculous things together, I thankfully get to think back on all the things that Elder Burrows has taught me and helped me with since I got to this area and it's tremendous to me how the Lord has used Elder Burrows as an instrument in my own spiritual growth and path to perfection. I love him so much and am so grateful for his companionship and for all that God has done to strengthen and bless us. I have been so blessed my entire mission with the best companion's that can be given, oh how I love my companion and how I love this work.:)

Elder Van Alfen-I learned of who my new companion will be for my last transfer as a full-time, tag on your chest, missionary in Christ's Church and am so excited to be with him! He has been out for a little over 10 months, is from Eagle, Idaho, and is absolutely incredible!!:) I got to serve around him for a time while I was in the Village and just can't wait for all that I will be able to learn and experience with him over the next 6 weeks and the people we are working with and will be able to work with this next transfer. I feel confident in the expectation that this will be the best 6 weeks of my life and I want to cherish every moment of it. We are going to work harder, be more obedient, and have more fun than either of us ever have on our missions and I couldn't be more excited to end my mission with him.:) 

Hannah-Wow, she has been and continues to be such a great source of strength and faith and Christlike discipleship and convicted testimony of the Savior and I still stand in aw, among everyone else who has met her, at the conversion she is having and the way our Heavenly Father is working in and through her. In an opportunity that was unplanned by us but prepared by God, we had a lesson with Ashanti yesterday at the church and Hannah was the teacher the entire time in sharing her unique conversion story and filling every heart with the Spirit of God and with His pure, all encompassing love in a way that has touched us so many times before and again then and in a way that really and truly has now changed Ashanti's entire life which will extend into all eternity.

Ashanti-This last week we were able to visit Ashanti a couple times and in such a spiritually moving way and in her sincere desire to follow Christ, she has decided with a surety that she wants to be baptized and is planning to have that sacred ordinance take place on July 8, just a few weeks away. I just marvel at the way that God loves each of us as His children and how He wants every good thing for us. I have learned so much about His nature and goodness and mighty and miraculous power since arriving to this area and seeing time, and time again, His power and love in this work that is His. I know with a certainty that it is His work and that no unhallowed hand can frustrate or stop my God and Friend, the Creator and Savior and Redeemer of the world.

Keep the faith,
Elder Ricks

No comments:

Post a Comment