Monday, June 12, 2017

The Blessing- Week 97


Miracles on Miracles!! I love these people and I love this work and I love this ward/area and I love the feelings of the Spirit of the gospel and I love to love! I am convinced that there is nothing in all this world that can bring greater joy, satisfaction, fulfillment, purpose, and  success to anyone leading up to the time that individual begins his or her own family. 

Immediately after Hannah's baptism last Sunday, Bishop was able to visit with her and gave her her temple recommend. It just so happens that for the last several months a ward temple baptism trip has been planned for this last Wednesday, three days after Hannah's stunning baptism, and she was able to go with the ward to the temple to do baptisms for those who have passed on and not had an opportunity to accept the fullness of Christ and His everlasting gospel. God's timing is just impeccable and unparalleled. It was amazing and she was just beaming and couldn't stop smiling from ear to ear the entire time that we were there. Just a few days before we were able to witness the Spirit and joy of the gospel consume Hannah in that hallowed place, we were able to see the same affects happen with two other individuals that have become so dear and near to my heart as well. We were privileged to have been invited by David in the Village ward and Alice in the Norman YSA ward to be able to go to the temple with them to witness the same ordinances and the same special Spirit and joy in the House of the Lord. 

There is so much happening here right now and I am just so grateful and I love and marvel at the opportunity to be apart of such a work that is so much greater than myself. I feel no more and no less the joy and gratitude of Ammon, one of the great missionary heroes and representatives of Jesus Christ, as he expressed the feelings of his heart in the entirety of Alma chapter 26. I love those words and I too feel to sing the song of redeeming love "Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel."

Keep the faith,
Elder Ricks

No comments:

Post a Comment