Tuesday, July 19, 2016

The Blessing- Week 51

Hello my dear family and friends, 

I apologize for the length of this one but there was so much that happened and it's hard to explain it all.
Elder Palmer is my trainee! Elder Dutson and I had a phenomenal transfer together and I really enjoyed our last few days serving as companions. I will definitely miss his love and example but I am so excited to now have Elder Palmer with me! He is also really great! I think he has been actually been training me instead of the other way around so I certainly am loving his strength and preparedness. 
We have been soo busy this entire week! Elder Dutson and I couldn't stop to catch a breath for nothing and Elder Palmer just jumped right in and we've just kept the momentum going in the same fashion. 
Transfers were on Wednesday and one of our members, Brother Ingram, drove us up and back in his convertible camaro so Elder Dutson left in style and Elder Palmer was welcomed in style. Haha it was really fun. 
Wednesday: We traveled up to OKC, had a trainers/trainee meeting, completed transfers, drove back down to Lawton and stopped for Lunch at Braums and then we had an appointment right when we got back. By the end of the night we taught three lessons and had a blast for our first day together! 
Thurday we had a lot of studies and planning to do but still finished so strong with another three lessons and we talked to a handful of people on the streets as we were shredding through Lawton. 
Friday we had district meeting and then had three lessons again and talked to a lot of people on t he streets. 
Saturday we again had 3 lessons and a miracle with a blessing of healing and comfort. 
I wish I could go into detail about all of the miracles and blessings from every single day because it has been absolutely stunning what the Lord has performed in front of us this week. 
 By the way, I'm joining the army!!
The Fort Sill Army Base is apart of our area/district so every week, the senior companion from each area in the district leaves their companion and goes onto the base for the church service. So every Sunday, for the last 7 weeks my companion when I go to church has been a Sister missionary. That was really really weird and hard for me at first but it is approved from the Mission President and First Presidency so I guess the worst thing that will happen is just the feelings of awkwardness that I get every week... 
Anyways, before Elder Palmer got here, Elder Dutson went onto the base for Church with three other missionaries from our district while I went with the other three missionaries every week to our regular church meetings. This week, however, I went to Fort Sill for Church with Elder Munson, Sister Dymock and Sister Snyder while Elder Palmer went to the regular church meetings with Elder Smith, Sister Dopp and Sister Grossgebauer. 
Church on Fort Sill is incredible!! We have a very tight schedule and must fit social time/bathroom break (10 minutes) Sacrament Meeting (45 minutes), Missionary Lessons/Sunday School (45 minutes) and Priesthood/Relief Society Classes and Baptism Interviews (15 minutes) all in a strict 2 hour window. 
Sacrament Meeting was incredible. The spirit was so evident and powerful as we sat with 80 soldiers who are all in basic training in order to serve us and this country. I was touched to the point of tears. From there I was able to teach the second missionary lesson on the Plan of Salvation (my favorite lesson/topic) to about  11-13 investigators and about 7 members. It was so powerful and the veil was so thin! By the end of the discussion 4 of these valiant soldiers agreed to come unto Christ and be baptized and they will be baptized in about 2 weeks most likely. 
Right after that I held a baptismal interview with a young man who will be baptized next week and Elder Munson held a baptismal interview with another young man who will also be baptized next week.

Brother Davis and Brother Seguin were both baptized while the Sacrament service began (because time is so tight and we can only use the baptismal font from 10:00am-10:30am) and then after the administration of the Sacrament we held the confirmations which I was privileged to be apart of. 
(I'm not actually joining the army but there was definitely a special spirit of the Lord and patriotism in that hallowed place).

Keep the faith,
Elder Ricks

Elder Palmer and I first meeting Wednesday morning!! ("Aw man, I think I blinked!" "No I bet you’re goo...yeah, you sure did my friend!" He's so cute!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment