Wednesday, July 13, 2016

The Blessing- Week 50


What a week. I just can't keep up with everything that happens here. Lawton is just a huge time warp. I cannot believe it has already been a transfer! Soo much has happened but it feels like its only been a couple days.

We had our "Meet the President" meeting this week on Tuesday and it was incredible! President Walkenhorst will certainly be missed and I love him dearly but President Mansell is absolutely stunning. I have tried to center my service around three main principles throughout my mission:
1. Work Hard 
2. Be Obedient 
3. Have Fun
President Mansell showed up and he said "The First Presidency told me specifically that they expect more from this mission and I know that they have given me the missionaries to do it. All I want to do is help you to be able to become master teachers and to work hard to have a lot of fun and to be completely obedient." 
I am so excited I can barely stand it! Haha he is so enthusiastic and jumping at the bit to serve and it has definitely motivated me to try even that much more to become that much better. 

Also, after President and his family introduced themselves and President concluded his remarks, he pulled me out privately for an interview and told me his feelings about the importance of trainers and how he wanted to know who his trainers would be and know that he could trust them. So Thursday morning I got a phone call from the AP's to let me know I will be training the next two transfers. I have hoped and prayed for this opportunity since I finished my own training and I am ecstatic! 

Elder Dutson and I have worked so hard and been obedient this last week and the whole transfer and it has been an absolute blast since day one! We have seen so many miracles together and I am so sad that we are going to be parting ways this week but I am so excited for him to be a Zone Leader in Stillwater! (When he goes on exchanges he will be able to go to Edmond 3rd!!!) 

I wish there was time to talk about all of the miracles, blessings, laughs, details, and revelations that we have had this last week and transfer but there is too much to do and not enough time to do it.

I love you all and pray for your success and happiness.

Keep the faith,
Elder Ricks
 
4th of July fun!!



No comments:

Post a Comment