Monday, December 21, 2015

The Blessing- Week 21



Wow, what a wonderful week!

I feel blessed beyond what I deserve most weeks but this last week was especially a tender one for me. 

Last Monday Elder Hilton and I had a good time and were just getting ready to go out proselyting for the night when we get a phone call. Elder Hilton answered and then handed me the phone. It was area code 208... So, of course I jump straight to the worst possible scenario like some doctor somehow found out I was going to die and had to go home or something so my Stake President was calling to give me the news. But I was wrong! It ended up being my Uncle Ryan and my Uncle Kirk and their friend Lamar. They were in Oklahoma for business and asked us if they could take us out! 
What A Great Night! We went to this awesome hibachi sushi and grill place and just had a great time. I love my family so much and it was such a special time for me to get to see them Definitely a huge tender mercy of the Lord that I will forever be grateful for.-It really helped to give me even greater motivation and refocus. We talked a bit about how things were going back home, about the work, about Christmas, we laughed, we hugged, and we felt the joy and love that comes in family relationships. It is because of those feelings and because of my family that I am out here. Because this Gospel blesses all individuals and all families wherever they may currently be however good or bad the circumstances. It allows us to be together forever and experience the greatest feelings of love and joy and peace. If I can help another individual or family to come closer together and to take steps to come closer to Christ so that they can have all of these things and enjoy these feelings more fully in this life, then my joy will be overfilled.

The rest of the week was really really busy and crazy! We visited a lot of people this week and we had our Christmas Conference as well. 

The big miracle to talk about this week is this: Bishop asked us to go see a lady who we had just received records for so we went and did just that. We knocked and a young man opened the door, the lady we had just received records for had already moved but Mathew invited us in. We shared the message of the Restoration with him and gave him a Book of Mormon.-He is from Bangladesh so English is still a bit hard for him so we told him we could get him a Bengali Book of Mormon and he was really excited about it! So we got the Book of Mormon and went back a few days later and this time his dad answered! Jason had been investigating the Church while they were living in Michigan so he also invited us right in and we got to talk to him as well! We gave him the Bengali Book of Mormon and he was overwhelmed with joy! I thought he was going to yell or cry with joy. He said that he was a good reader and he wants to read the Book of Mormon before the end of the year! He also said that he wants desperately to come to church with us after the New Year because his job has him working Sunday's until the holidays are over. Incredible blessings and miracles. The Lord is far too good to us and we truly are seeing more success/miracles than we deserve. 

I love this work, I love the Lord, and I love my family. Merry Christmas to all and may we remember the real reason of the season. Look for opportunities to show your love, to serve others and be filled with the Love of Christ. I promise you will as you serve other children of our Father in Heaven at this beautiful time of the year. 

Keep the faith,
Elder Ricks

No comments:

Post a Comment