Friday, July 24, 2015

All is well, I am safe! (First Email Home)

Hola,
My foreign language is still as bad and I'm still grateful I am speaking English!:)
The days here are long but the weeks are short. We wake up early in the morning and go to bed late and the whole day is just filled with classes, the spirit, and eating. These first two days have been so great and felt like a week already because it is like you are trying to drink out of a firehose. You try so hard to get it all but there is so much coming so fast and so powerfully. But these two days, already, have made me so excited to get out to the mission field to serve and teach the amazing people there!!
I have an amazing companion, Elder Brisk! We really clicked from the very start and have been such great friends out here. I am definitely learning from him and love the spirit he invites at all times. Everyone here is so friendly and loving!! Elder Brisk and I were challenged by another companionship to only pray for others at night and I have really enjoyed being able to do that, it helps me to be so much more loving and kind to all those I am with and helps me feel love and compassion to all of our Heavenly Father's children, our brothers and sisters.
It's also been so fun to see people I know from home! Elder Wright, Elder Hinkley, Elder Yeck, and Mr. Bertasso's dad! 
Everyone in my district has been so great and I have learned so much from them! The only sin I have seen them commit is saying I should be the district leader or zone leader which thankfully, I am not, they made those callings last night!:) But now they are calling me "AP" and saying I will be the Assistant to the President as one of my first callings.-So rude. That should not be wished upon anyone and I would prefer to not have those callings so I can spend all my time and energy just serving, worrying about, and teaching the people in Oklahoma. So karma will come and they will all be given those callings, Heavenly Father has such a sense of humor.:D
Anyways, the work is pressing forward and I am so thankful to be apart of it. All I have felt here is love. Love for the gospel, you (family), my companion and district, other elders and sisters, and of course God's children, whom we have come to serve.
Just know that all is well, I am safe, and the light of Christ grows stronger within me by the hour. 
Love you all,
Elder Ricks

No comments:

Post a Comment