Monday, October 17, 2016

The Blessing- Week 62 & 63


Lawton:
The greatest blessing of this week was definitely General Conference. What a true miracle and blessing it was to listen to Prophets, Seers, and Revelators who truly have been called and ordained of God. We got to watch the conference Saturday afternoon with JR, a member we have been working with for a while now, and then got to watch the Priesthood session of conference at the Church with Nick and Franklin! I just loved all of the messages that were given. Every single one was just so powerful and inspiring. 
On Sunday morning, on Post (Fort Sill), I was able to teach my last lesson to 10 new investigators and I have never seen so many people, who are not members of the Church, so excited to read the Book of Mormon and pray and receive answers and act. The Spirit was so strong and I know, I absolutely know, that this is the Lord's work and that was made even more apparent than ever before, serving and teaching on Post
We got to teach a lot and see so many miracles before I left Lawton. I truly love that area and it will forever hold a special place in my heart. 

Village (Northen OKC, borders my second area, Edmond 2nd):
508 NW 27th Apt. # 2
Oklahoma City, OK 73103
It has been one of the funnest weeks ever being with Elder Stevens and Elder Thompson!! We have a blast and have been working really hard and have already seen so many miracles!
We have been working to find investigators and new people to teach and baptize so we OYMed (Opened Our Mouth to talk) 52 people on Friday night and Saturday and a ton of them have so much potential. It was so fun! We decided we wanted to fast and pray that we culd find a family to teach and baptize and help become strong, active members for the rest of their lives.On Saturday we ended up finding two separate families that both have great potential. That is a miracle! God is so good! He's already answering our prayers and blessing us with our righteous desires according to our faith and diligence in making those hopes and dreams a reality and being obedient to His commandments. I love the Lord and praise Him for His great goodness and mercy and love. 

I love this work!!! I always wish I could just share with you all of the miracles and experiences I get to witness and be apart of, but I know that the Lord is working wonders in each of your lives as well- I have prayed for it and it is His nature, His good pleasure, to work wonders among you even without my prayers!

Keep the faith,
Elder Ricks


Elder Ricks, Elder Palmer, Nick, cutest dog ever, Franklin . They are the greatest!! They are progressing so much, so fast! I just love them a lot and feel so blessed and privileged to have been able to serve them and see miracles and so much growth occur in their lives.


Elder Ricks, Jamel, Elder Palmer . Right after my last lesson in Lawton and one of the most spiritual of my mission. I love Elder Palmer and Jamel and am going to miss them both so much! I am excited to go back soon for Jamel's baptism:)


Elder Ricks, Elder Thompson, Elder Stevens.
Mi nuevo companeros! Elder Thompson and I get to train Elder Stevens:) Elder Stevens is from Lehi Utah and actually got to serve a trial mission before he came out here to Oklahoma so he is absolutely amazing and already training Elder Thompson and I up, mostly me though! I am so grateful that I get to work with Elder Thompson in training Elder Stevens. They are two of the greatest men and hardest working and most sincere. I have already learned so much from them. Elder Thompson is just himself and loves to work hard (he reminds me a ton of Walker<3) and have fun and Elder Stevens is just so sincere and wants to work hard too and it has made for one of the funnest weeks of my mission!

No comments:

Post a Comment