Tuesday, September 13, 2016

The Blessing- Week 59


Hey everyone!!!

Elder Palmer, like always, is stunning. I'm so blessed to be his companion! He is always striving to do and be more and accomplish greater things and I so appreciate that. He has been a great example to me and I learn so much from him. I feel and believe that he truly is training me!

We saw a lot of miracles this week but I would say that one of the greatest was definitely on Tuesday afternoon. Last Saturday night it was about 8:40 p.m. and we were not about to call it in early so we were just walking around our apartment complex and something urged us to check out the laundry room. We've never been in there so it was a great excuse to be able to talk to a couple coming out but we still had time after that brief conversation so we went in and lo and behold there was a guy we had actually OYMed several months ago but he had been to a military training for a couple months. He beckoned to us and we got to go talk with him and invited him to come to church and he agreed. On Tuesday we had a lesson with him and taught him more fully the Restoration. He agreed with the things being said and quickly accepted an invitation to be baptized on October 9th. During that very lesson, we received a text from a new investigator we had just met the week prior and given a Book of Mormon and she said in her text, "I feel like I need to read the whole Book of Mormon, & pray for guidance; then have you come. The more I have prayed, the more I feel I need to have more knowledge. I read the whole pamphlet, and I'm a quarter of the way threw the Book of Mormon. I will definitely ask you to come visit me once I have completed it. Thank you so much for all of your time and guidance. I look forward to our visit." That hour could not have gotten much better between those to miracles at the exact same time. We went with a member to see Jemal on Saturday and it was remarkable. He is so prepared and anxious for the gospel and its blessings.

Great things are happening in Lawton!! As President Mansell said in response to our weekly emails last week "Heaven in Lawton baby!!"

Keep the faith,
Elder Ricks

Sister Grossgebauer, Private Buffum, Private Provenzano, Elder Ricks. This was after Provenzano was baptized and confirmed! He is incredible. I was so very blessed to be able to teach him the last month at Fort Sill and help prepare him for his baptism! What a great new friend:)

No comments:

Post a Comment