Monday, August 1, 2016

The Blessing- Week 53


What a crazy week!!! We had, what felt like, hardly any time for proselyting this week because we had so many various meetings and things we had to go to but all in all it was still a phenomenal week and I am so stoked for this upcoming week!

We ended up having to push back everyone's baptismal dates for August 14th but everyone is progressing and doing so great! Franklin, Nate, Avraham, and Alfred (and maybe even his mom!) are all planning to get baptized on the 14th and Elder Palmer and I are so excited for each of them.:) It has been so fun to be here with Elder Palmer! He is a work horse and a little ball of enthusiasm for the work! I'm learning so much from him! 

We were able to teach a lot still this week despite all of the time we needed to spend in our meetings which was a really great blessing. There are a lot of people that we need to catch up with this week as well though.

Miracle of the week:
We have been trying to get Alfred and his Mom, Star, to come to church with us ever since we met them 8 weeks ago but they finally made it yesterday!! I got to our regular Sacrament meeting in the Lawton 1st Ward late because of Fort Sill but when I walked in and saw them sitting with Elder Palmer and a few members my heart leaped and I couldn't wipe the smile off my face for anything!! The Lord is always so good to me even, and especially, when I don't deserve it. The Spirit is working over time here in Lawton!

Love you all! Thank you for all of your emails and letters/packages. They are always cherished and greatly appreciated. And when I don't thank you enough, I'm sure my Mom will:)<3

Keep the faith,
Elder Ricks

No comments:

Post a Comment