Monday, April 11, 2016

The Blessing- Week 37


It was another great week, filled with more great stories and miracles but today I just want to talk about this incredible group and the experience Elder Morton and I were blessed with to have with them this week.



This is (From left to right) Carl, Ray, Bill, Kim, Scott, Renee, Gary, Ronald, Chris, Elder Morton, Robby, Elder Ricks (That's me..).

The last two and a half months we have been able to go over to this incredible place called the Oklahoma Foundation for the Disabled (OKFD). Each Wednesday we would come and teach each of these beautiful, wonderful, talented children of God how to run and throw for the Special Olympics. They asked us to come and so we got approval and met them at the big event this week to get each of them ready and excited, cheer like mad, and celebrate their great effort and success! Every single one of them did incredible! Overall, our dear friends took first or second place in everything they did! How crazy is that?! We didn't even have to train them, they came as natural winners! 
When we walked into the stadium there was such a special, irreplaceable spirit of love and joy that could be felt that I will never forget. What a special day for me. I am so grateful to have been apart of it!

May we all be able to have and then to share the love and joy that each of my friends here radiate. It is my prayer that God will bless each of us with this pure love this week. 

Keep the faith,
Elder Ricks

No comments:

Post a Comment